Lezley A. Watts
Toll Free: 866-860-2447
Ms. Watts understands that divorce is an extremely difficult transition in a person's life and feels strongly that professional, honest, and compassionate representation can help empower clients during this process. She continues to expand her legal education by regularly attending trainings covering diverse topics in family law and staying current with recent developments in family law.
Ms. Watts, a native of Oklahoma and member of the Choctaw Nation, spent her childhood moving around the country due to her father's career and is currently a resident of Roseville. Ms. Watts received her undergraduate degree in political science and pre-law from the University of Arizona. She moved to Sacramento to attend law school at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and received her Juris Doctor in 2009. While in law school, Ms. Watts was awarded the Sacramento Bee Legal Scholarship and the Bureau of Indian Affairs Choctaw Nation Scholarship. She also held a number of externship positions dealing with Native American affairs, such as working under the tribal advocate at the Governor's Office of Homeland Security. Upon graduation, she began her legal career by clerking for a family law attorney in Sacramento. Ms. Watts was admitted to the California State Bar in 2009 and has since practiced at Bartholomew & Wasznicky.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/Pre-Law from the University of Arizona
- Juris Doctor from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Admitted to the California State Bar
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Member of the American Bar Association, Family Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Member of the California State Bar, Family Law Section and Young Lawyers Association
- Member of the Sacramento County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Former Editor of the Family Law Counselor, a monthly publication of the Sacramento County Bar Association Family Law Section
CaliforniaU.S. District Court Eastern District of California
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California - J.D.
University of Arizona - B.A. - Major: Political Science/Pre-Law
Editor, Family Law Counselor, Sacramento County Bar Association, Family Law Section
Professional Associations and Memberships:
American Bar Association, Family Law Section - Member
American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division - Member
California State Bar, Family Law Section - Member
California State Bar, Young Lawyers Association - Member
Sacramento County Bar Association, Family Law Section - Member
* The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization